Saturday, April 29, 2006

I am in love with this place

Hi everyone,
Naomi here, I thought it was about time I left another message.......thanks so much to everyone for posting on our blog. Anyone who wants to send a more personal message can use our regular e-mail address....we can check it here petedeka@optushome.com.au
We have gotten to the end of our first week of teaching and it was quite sad to say goodbye to the kids that we spent time with this week........Peter and I are off to seperate locations next week, we spent the first week together with the kids so that if there were any dramas we would both be there to back each other up but since it went so smoothly I will be taking Luke with me next week and Peter will take the other 2.
I titled this post "I am in love with this place" because there is no other way to describe how I feel about it.......there is always something happening, everything is vibrant, and it feels to me like there is such an amazing rhythm here.....kind of like a beat....if that makes any sense...maybe sounds kinda stupid, but I know what I mean and I just cant describe it properly.

Daniel, I will get Jake to write to you soon, we spent the morning at this amazing water slide park on the roof of a shopping centre.....so the boys are completely wiped out.

Oh, something very funny........apparently the Thai girls think Jacob is a bit of a hottie.....Amy and a couple of her Thai friends came with us today and Jacob is feeling very embarassed about it all (I think he's secretly feeling pretty flattered)

A big happy birthday to Mel, I will send you an e-mail too Melly!!!!!!!
And Mum, about all I can think of that I would like for my birthday is clothes....but I have already bought quite a few at Khao Sarn road.......the shopping there is unreal and I will probably go back next week because Peter hasn't been yet. Sorry there is so much to say....I think you will have to wait for all the news until we get back.

Lots of mushy kisses (uuugggh)
Naomi (nomblies)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi to you lot over there. Naomi, I think we still have your bank details so if you like I can pop your birthday money in it so you can buy more clothes for your self. Dare I ask if you have had any luck on the shoe front? Kiss all your little boys for me. love you all...MumXXX

Anonymous said...

hi guys,

sounds like you are having fun. It is really wet and cold, typical Melbourne weather. Stay safe,

Bec

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

I have been reading your blog ... sorry I haven't left a message until now, but have been thinking about you! Sounds like you are having a great time, that's fantastic. I'll be moving to Nkayi in a week, so things are busy here with packing, etc.

Lots of love,
Erica

The Dekkers said...

Mum,
thanks for the birthday money......I will enjoy spending it...no luck with shoues yet....hoping to go to MBK on Thursday night..Hopefully the place to find shoes....Thanks Rebecca, the weather is opposite here...stinking hot...I love it and we are all getting nice and brown. Thanks Eck, hope all goes well with your move
Naomi

Anonymous said...

Naomi I will get dad to deposit money and YES!! MBK rings a bell in my mind as a centre that had lots of shoe shops Love MumXXX