Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Kids, Kids everywhere

I sit here watching out my window, my front yard is filled with kids (ok so there's 7 of them) They are sitting on the front fence...........just hanging out. I am filled with absolute joy and excitement at this picture I see before me. There's something awesome going on here, and it's so unreal to see that our kids can be a part of the life we have chosen.
About a week ago someone from the community approached me about the idea of a few of us starting a kids club in the community (something I had already been thinking about anyway) so to see it happening naturally and organically is super cool.

I have this funny feeling, that when we think we should start a new project or ministry.......the best thing to do is wait for a bit and see if it's already starting to happen.........if it's supposed to fit, then the threads will already be there.

That's just my take on the whole thing anyway, you might think something different!!!!!!

Naomi

6 comments:

Andy said...

Guys,
It is great that you are allowing God to work through you, challenge you, grow you, and attempting to not get in the way of this!

Please know that you are not alone, that you are still well supported through Foothills, and I'm sure other links.

Andy!!

5 weeks until we leave for Bangkok - woo hoo!!

The Dekkers said...

Thanks Andy,
You must be getting excited!!!! have you thought about journaling through your Bangkok experience....

naomi

Andy said...

I have, but my main role is to support the kids - i'm not too sure about journalling on line about this. However, if i do it privately (pen, paper) i'd never read it.

My main focus is getting through my school work. I've two essays to finish before i leave, and i anoly allow myself to study after Abby has gone to bed. Doens;'t leave me much time (i call this procrastination - should be working on an essay).

How are you going ?

We've got community gathering next Sunday - will you guys be around?



Andy!!

The Dekkers said...

sorry Andy,
we have an outing with some local Burmese families this Sunday, we might come to our old small group the Sunday after though.........dunno who is in it now????

You should stop procrastinating and get some study done.

Naomi

Barro said...

hey dekker clan,
finally got back to some blogging tonight, and have added you on as a link from my site, you ARE in the serious world of blogstars now,
hope all is well,
back to RE again on Monday,
Barro blessings

The Dekkers said...

Thanks heaps Barro,
Just got back from a day trip with a heap of Burmese refugees........we took them to Phillip Island, had an amazing day out. Hope to see you guys at church next week

naomi