Monday, July 03, 2006

Well, This is it!

Trivia Question: What are the first four words in the Blues Brothers Movie?
Hint: They are hidden in the title somewhere…

She caught the Katy, and left me a mule to ride

She caught the Katy, and left me a mule to ride
My baby caught the Katy, left me a mule to ride
The train pulled out, and I swung on behind
I'm crazy 'bout her, that hard headed woman of mine…

Ahhh – reminiscing….

Anyway, back to reality… We have done it!!! – we spent our first night in Noble Park!

As yet we have not got a place to live (though we were offered one) so to make sure the kids can start this term in their new school, we are staying at a couples house In NP. These guys have a lot to do with UNOH, though they are not actual members.
The 3 boys are sleeping in 1 room together and Naomi & I get to share the most uncomfortable fold out sofa bed I think I have ever slept on.

Anyway, that is for a week, after that we move to another place that will eventually become our home. At the moment there is a couple with a baby and a single lady living there. They are moving out to find places further out in NP, but they want us to live in this place as it is a great location to have a UNOH worker living in… it may take anywhere up to 5 or 6 weeks before the place is empty, but that’s fine. All this time living with people gives us a really great introduction to UNOH and how it all works!

Well, That’s about all I have to say for now, I am at work typing this out – I still have 2 weeks of Koorong before I go to casual employment, living off baked beans & trusting in the Lord! – Yay!! – (read Yay with the slight note of insecurity that went through my head as I typed it)

Anyway please pray for us as we settle in, as well as for my sister who got some pretty bad news the other day– but more on that when details become available.

Peter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi ya, mum here. If we want to contact you do we call you on your mobiles or is there a number where you are staying? love you all, I hope the first school day went well..Mum & Dad

The Dekkers said...

Yes Mob phone is best