Friday, May 05, 2006

Tastes like Chicken

Hey everyone, I ate my first frog last night and it really did taste like chicken, although all the little bones were really annoying to eat around. My family are all horrified at me, as they are all frog lovers, but I figure it was already dead so no harm in me eating it.

Had our final english class today, it was sad to say goodbye to all the gorgeous kids (and the not so gorgeous ones too) but I guess all good things must come to an end sometime. Most of the team is heading back home tomorrow, we have made some really great friends here, and it will be strange to have them all go back while we stay on.
I know people are probably wanting to hear spiritual reflections, and all that kind of stuff, but I just don't know what to say........we have experienced so much in the last 2 weeks and it has all felt so natural and been really easy to process, probably because we have felt God's presence so closely during our time. I dunno, sorry if you are hoping to hear more...
Anyway.....only 4 more days now......it is going to be very hard for all of us to leave....we all feel very attached to this incredible place, but we are also excited at the thought of coming home and seeing all our family and friends.......can't wait to share the adventure with you all.

Mum, I need to book in to see you on the saturday after we return.......we can't wait to see you but I also need my hair done...the blue is kind of a mouldy colour now and my roots are shocking!!!!!! so see if you can keep the arvo free and I will call you when I get back......thanks mum, I love you.



Love so much,
Naomi

4 comments:

Barro said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAOMI

Anonymous said...

RING RING...RING RING...
(Naomi picks up phone) Hello, Naomi speaking...
(Mum & Dad back in Australia on other end of phone) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BITHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR NAOMI, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!! Gee I hope this isn't too corny but we forgot to get the phone number where you are staying. Have a really spectacular b'day & we Love you. Will talk about your hair appointment when you get home...Love to all you Dekkers...Mum & Dad

Anonymous said...

Dear Naomi,

I have not been home all day and I am probably a little too late, but none-the-less, I wish you a very happy birthday!!
You have been in my thoughts and I would like you to know that you are loved.
Have a wonderful day and year!
Love to all.....
Mum D.

Barro said...

hi there Naomi happy birthday to you !!!!!!!!!!!!! love from Helen Barro