Thursday, May 04, 2006

another spare moment

Trying to continue where I left off...

There are some things that are really beginning to impact me about this place, in particular all those people you see with cerebral palsy - There is an old lady who hangs out just inside the slum each morning who is heavily effected (affected?), her face lights up every time she sees us and I have a feeling that her day to day existance is sitting by the side of the road waiting for anyone to give her some attention... Then there is a young girl 9 or 10 years old who has the same sort of cerebal palsy that I was born with - afecting the right side of her body - and I can't help to think how random life seems to be - or how little human logic there is to God's greater plans - allowing someone like me to have all the care and attention that the western world (& christian worldview) has to offer - yet this girl lives in a slum and essentially has no real chance of getting out - the buddhist world view and the idea of karma if nothing else insure a life of living in the slum...

I'm being called away sorry guys

4 comments:

Andy said...

On Ya Pete our prayers are you you and fmamily.

Baby hasn't come yet.

Anonymous said...

Jacob my old friend how's it goin its good over here its pretty good at school still the class clown thats me anyway hope ya havin a good time.

Sincerley Daniel.earl

Anonymous said...

P.S this and the last letter i sent says Anonymous becuase i couldnt get the password to work.

Sincerly Daniel.earl

The Dekkers said...

Thanks for your post daniel,

Jake and the rest of us have been really bust running around everywhere here - I will pass on that you said hi and try and get him down here to the computer soon to reply to you in person - it is 9pm here now and we are all wiped out - so hopefully jake is in bed asleep

Peter