Thursday, June 01, 2006

It's not as easy as it seems

We just found out that we didn't get the unit we applied for, and here I was thinking we were a normal respectable family, lots of stability, extremely reliable..........why wouldn't we get the first place we applied for??? There's nothing wrong with us!!!!!

Getting a big fat no, put me in a position of having to question my worthyness as a person, I feel pretty worthy most of the time. But the more I have been thinking and praying about it, the more I have come to see that God doesn't want us to be worthy on our own merit, our worthyness should come through him.

One other thing struck me too, here we are saying we want to live in solidarity with the people on the fringes and those struggling with lifes ups and downs - well I bet they don't get the first place they apply for either...........infact, I know it is really hard for some of these people to find a place to live. And here I am expecting it to be easy for me because I'm me!!!!!!!
Thanks God for bursting my bubble again.......and again........and again,

I know this is something I need to trust God in, he has called us to Noble park, he has been with us every step of the way with this journey, and it's time for me to let go of my need to control and plan it all and let God in.

Naomi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful reflection Naomi, love to hear your processing things, what a gif!

The Dekkers said...

Yeah, I seem to be able to process pretty fast.........I was all tears and misery in the morning!!!!

We will see how I go after the next rejection though.